Tension Headache Symptoms
If you suffer from chronic tension headache, you may
recognize some of the following physical symptoms:
- chronic neck and shoulder soreness
- a persistent pounding in the back of your head,
which often works its way over the top of your skull and
around the sides
- twitching eyes during really severe headaches
- a continual soreness between your shoulder blades
- aching jaw and pain in your back teeth
- pain in your ears
- decreased movement in your neck - you can't turn it left
or right without pain and you can't put your ear to a shoulder
without pain, or if you can your movement is limited
- chronic fatigue; tiredness sets in before your workday is over
- when your back, neck and shoulder muscles get REALLY
tight, you experience numbness and a tingling down your
arms and into your hands, which is often accompanied by a
loss of grip strength
Unfortunately, your pain most likely goes beyond the physical.
Emotional and mental symptoms
of chronic tension headache
Consider the following emotional and mental symptoms that
plague chronic tension headache sufferers:
- short-temperedness (EVERYTHING bothers you)
- constant grouchiness (your friends and coworkers tell you
- low self-esteem and self-loathing
- difficulty concentrating due to chronic pain
- decreased work productivity and efficiency
The constant pain and emotional drain will even take a toll
on your appearance. Take a look at yourself in the mirror:
- are your eyes bloodshot?
- are there bags under your eyes from lack of sleep?
- is your head jutted forward and down to relieve the pain in
- your neck?
- are your shoulders slumped forward like the Hunchback of
- does your back curve inward?
- does your stomach protrude?
- are you frowning?
If you answered "yes" to a lot of these symptoms, chances
are you suffer from chronic muscular tension headaches.
The only way to know for sure is to get checked out by your
doctor. If you haven't yet done so, that is the first thing you
should do. That's because you want to rule out a more
10-Part Series For
Why You Suffer From Chronic Tension Headaches...
And What You Can Do To Get Relief Right Now